These straightforward, flavorful Thai-inspired hen satay skewers are marinated in coconut milk and spices after which grilled and served with a scrumptious spicy peanut sauce for dipping.
Hen Satay Recipe
Anytime we exit for Thai meals, we at all times order the satay! My husband is obsessive about coconut milk and peanut sauce, so I make this hen dish on a regular basis as a meal with some jasmine rice and cucumber salad. For extra of my favourite Thai recipes, do that straightforward Pad Thai, Spicy Thai Shrimp Salad, and Thai Hen Peanut Lettuce Cups.
Hen satay with peanut sauce is well-liked in lots of international locations in Southeast Asia from Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia. When grilled it has a scrumptious smoky candy taste, and the lime juice offers it a vibrant pop of taste. The marinated meat may be made a day forward if you wish to make this for a celebration.
Hen Satay Components
- Coconut Milk: I used canned gentle coconut milk to scale back the energy.
- Fish Sauce: The fish sauce doesn’t make the satay style fishy. I extremely suggest utilizing it!
- Pink Curry Paste: When you don’t have crimson curry paste, sub inexperienced curry or use curry powder as an alternative.
- Brown Sugar provides a little bit sweetness.
- Cilantro: When you don’t like cilantro, omit it.
- Seasoning: Turmeric, salt, black pepper
- Hen: Thinly slice boneless, skinless hen cutlets into strips about three inches lengthy and one inch huge.
- Garnish: Cilantro, peanuts, lime wedges
What’s peanut dipping sauce product of?
- Broth: Use low-sodium hen broth.
- Peanut Butter: I used creamy peanut butter
- Soy Sauce: Select low-sodium soy sauce or tamari for gluten-free.
- Honey: You possibly can swap honey with agave syrup
- Sriracha: When you’re serving individuals who don’t like spicy meals, omit the sriracha, and other people can drizzle it over their hen if they need the additional warmth.
- Ginger: Grate a teaspoon of recent ginger.
- Garlic: Mince one garlic clove.
The way to Make Hen Satay
- Hen Satay Marinade: Combine all of the marinade components in a bowl after which add the hen. Marinate the protein for a minimum of 4 hours or as much as in a single day.
- Spicy Peanut Sauce: Whisk all of the peanut sauce components in a small saucepan. Carry it to a boil, cut back the warmth, and prepare dinner till clean, stirring always. Set it apart to chill to room temperature.
- Bamboo Skewers: To forestall the sticks from burning, soak them for a minimum of one hour whereas the hen marinates. Then thread the hen onto them.
- Grill: Set the grill to excessive warmth, and prepare dinner the hen for 2 to 3 minutes on either side till it’s cooked via.
- Serve the hen satay with lime wedges and peanut sauce and garnish with cilantro and peanuts.
What to Serve with Hen Satay
To make this a fundamental dish serve it with Jasmine rice or coconut rice and sliced cucumbers. These skewers additionally make a fantastic appetizer should you’re entertaining open air this summer time.
The way to Freeze
Leftover hen satay lasts as much as 4 days within the fridge or three months within the freezer. Freeze the hen in zip-locked luggage or hermetic containers. Then thaw in a single day within the fridge and reheat within the microwave.
When you don’t need to waste the remainder of the canned coconut milk, reserve it for an additional recipe or double or triple the marinade, and freeze the opposite half for later. To make use of it, thaw it within the fridge after which marinate your hen based on the directions. It’s also possible to freeze the peanut sauce.
- Hen: Swap cutlets with boneless, skinless hen breasts, beef or boneless hen thighs. And if you wish to save a while, use hen tenders.
- Allergic to peanut butter? Substitute almond butter.
- Allergic to fish sauce? Sub soy sauce or tamari.
- No grill? It’s also possible to use a grill pan or broil the hen should you don’t need to grill it.
- Wish to make them even simpler? Skip the sticks and saute them in a sizzling skillet or air fry them 400F, about 7 to eight minutes.
Extra Hen Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 Servings
Serving Dimension: 4 skewers
For the Peanut Sauce (makes 1/2 cup):
In a bowl, combine the marinade components besides the hen. Slice the hen into lengthy, skinny strips, about 3 inches lengthy by 1 inch huge, and add to marinade. Flip hen to coat, cowl and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours or longer.
In the meantime, put together the peanut sauce. Mix all of the components in a small saucepan and whisk nicely. Carry to a boil, cut back warmth and prepare dinner till clean, stirring always, about 5 minutes. Put aside to chill to room temperature.
Put together grill to excessive warmth and thread marinated hen onto soaked bamboo skewers. Place on grill and prepare dinner 2 to three minutes per facet, or till cooked via. Serve with lime wedges and peanut sauce and garnish with cilantro and peanuts.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know the way you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Don’t need to grill them? Skip the sticks and saute them in a sizzling skillet or air fry them 400F, about 7 to eight minutes.
Serving: 4 skewers, Energy: 265 kcal, Carbohydrates: 8 g, Protein: 34.5 g, Fats: 9 g, Saturated Fats: 3 g, Ldl cholesterol: 103.5 mg, Sodium: 918.5 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 5.5 g