I’m obsessive about these simple, Gradual Cooker Rooster Enchiladas, made with rooster, black beans, tortillas, my do-it-yourself enchilada sauce, and cheese.
Gradual Cooker Rooster Enchilada Casserole
Rooster enchiladas are one among my favourite issues to make and eat, so naturally, this slow-cooker model hit it out of the park! I tailored it from this rooster enchilada skillet recipe, utilizing boneless, skinless rooster thighs, however you may as well use rooster breast. I served it over cilantro lime rice and topped it with avocado and a few crema. It was successful with my household and really easy to make.
Why This Crock Pot Rooster Enchiladas Works
- Good for Meal Prep: Make this rooster enchilada casserole earlier within the day each time you’ve got a while, and it’ll be prepared and ready come dinnertime.
- Wholesome: This dish has 25.5 grams of protein, because of the rooster, beans, cheese, and bitter cream.
- Quick and Straightforward: After you sauté the onion and garlic, simply put every little thing within the gradual cooker and switch it on. Like I mentioned–fast and simple!
- Comforting: I crave heat, comforting meals because the climate cools off. This tacky enchilada casserole checks the field!
Rooster Enchilada Casserole Components
- Rooster: Use one pound of boneless, skinless rooster thighs or breasts.
- Onion and Garlic: Chop half of a medium onion and two garlic cloves.
- Seasoning: Floor cumin, kosher salt
- Enchilada Sauce: I desire making do-it-yourself enchilada sauce, however you may as well purchase it on the grocery store.
- Bitter Cream: All you want is 1 / 4 cup of bitter cream for just a little creaminess.
- Corn Tortillas: Lower 4 tortillas into strips.
- Black Beans: Rinse and drain one can of low-sodium black beans.
- Cheese: Purchase a Mexican cheese mix, Monterey Jack, or mozzarella.
- Garnishes: Sliced jalapeños and chopped recent cilantro
- Optionally available Toppings: Sliced avocado, cilantro lime rice, bitter cream or crema (Crema typically comprises bitter cream, lime juice, and salt. I’ve recipes for roasted poblano crema and avocado crema if you wish to attempt one.)
The right way to Make Rooster Enchiladas in Gradual Cooker
- Onion and Garlic: I all the time saute onions and garlic earlier than including to the gradual cooker for the perfect outcomes. Begin by heating the oil in a skillet over medium warmth. Add the onion, garlic, cumin, and salt, and sauté whereas stirring till the onion has softened and browned.
- Put Components in Gradual Cooker: Switch the cooked onions and garlic to the gradual cooker and pour within the enchilada sauce, bitter cream, and 1 / 4 cup of water. Stir every little thing to mix and fold within the beans till completely coated. Nestle the rooster into the sauce.
- Gradual Prepare dinner: Cowl the crockpot and prepare dinner on excessive for 3 to 4 hours or low for six to 7 hours, till the rooster is tender and shreds simply. Shred the rooster proper within the pot with two forks.
- Tortillas and Cheese: Stir within the tortilla strips and prime with cheese. Cowl the gradual cooker and prepare dinner for about half-hour till the cheese has melted.
- The right way to Serve: Spoon a cup of the enchilada casserole into your bowl and garnish with cilantro and jalapeños. You too can serve it over rice with sliced avocado and extra bitter cream or crema.
- Sauce: Use salsa verde as an alternative of enchilada sauce, or purchase jarred enchilada sauce to avoid wasting time.
- Poultry: Swap thighs for boneless rooster breasts or turkey breasts for a leaner possibility.
- Beef Enchilada Casserole: Substitute chuck beef for rooster.
- Beans: Change black beans with pinto beans.
- Don’t like beans? Use canned corn.
- Tortillas: Change out corn tortillas with flour for those who desire.
- Time Saver: If you wish to serve this rooster enchilada casserole with rice however don’t have time to make it, microwave frozen white or brown rice.
What to Serve with this Rooster Enchilada Casserole
This simple enchilada casserole makes nice leftovers, which is able to maintain refrigerated for 4 days in an hermetic container. You too can freeze it for as much as 3 months and reheat it within the microwave.
Extra Enchilada Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 cup
- 1 lb boneless skinless rooster thighs , or rooster breast
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil , or olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups do-it-yourself enchilada sauce, or 16 ounce jarred
- 1/4 cup bitter cream, plus extra for serving
- 4 corn tortillas, reduce into strips
- 15 ounce can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces shredded cheese, resembling a Mexican cheese mix, Monterey Jack, or mozzarella (about 1 cup)
- sliced jalapeño peppers , and chopped recent cilantro, for topping
optionally available for topping and serving:
Warmth the oil in a skillet over medium warmth. Add the onion, garlic, cumin, and salt and prepare dinner, stirring, till the onion has softened and browned, about 5 minutes.
Switch to the gradual cooker and add the enchilada sauce, bitter cream, and 1/4 cup water to the onion combination and stir to mix. Fold within the beans till completely coated.
Nestle the rooster in.
Cowl and prepare dinner on excessive for about 3 to 4 hours or excessive low for about 6 to 7, till rooster is tender and cooked by way of. Shred the rooster within the pot with 2 forks.
Add the tortilla strips and stir, then prime with the cheese, cowl the gradual cooker, and prepare dinner half-hour or till the cheese has melted.
As soon as the cheese is melted, garnish with cilantro, jalapenos, and optionally available toppings.
Serve over rice if desired and prime with optionally available bitter cream, and avocado.
Please go away a score and remark letting us understand how you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Refrigerated for 4 days in an hermetic container. You too can freeze it for as much as 3 months and reheat it within the microwave.
Serving: 1 cup, Energy: 315 kcal, Carbohydrates: 26 g, Protein: 25.5 g, Fats: 12 g, Saturated Fats: 5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 92.5 mg, Sodium: 862 mg, Fiber: 7 g, Sugar: 3.5 g